OBS Project is the most popular open-source software to create and cast your live video over IP network.
Widely used by gamers to share their video games party to social networks such as Twitch or Youtube, we'll see how it is simple to use to cast your live video to the Livescale platform.
Let's see in this article how to configure the output settings in your Wirecast to allow you to stream your live feed to the Livescale platform.
First, after you launched OBS on your desktop, you to click on the button "Settings"
Then, on the left tab, select "Stream". The following screen will appear :
You have to do the different steps below :
- Select "Custom Streaming Server" as "Stream Type"
- Copy the "Ingest URL" from the Livescale Control Room, and paste it in the "URL" field (cf screenshot. ex: "rtmp://192.168.0.1/live")
- Copy the "Stream key" from the Livescale Control Room, and paste it in the "Stream key" field (cf screenshot. ex: "stream")
- Press "OK" Button.
About encoding presets :
We recommend that the resolution matches the quality of the Livescale Channel (720p30 => HD, 1080p30 => Full HD, 2160p30 => Ultra HD).
To do that, you need to first go to the "Output" tab on the left menu of "Settings"
Then, fill the screen as shown below (for HD live video upload) :
- Select "Advanced" in the block "Output Mode"
- Select "Streaming" tab
- Enter the value "1280X960" in the "Rescale Output" tab
- Change the "Bitrate" value to "2500"
- Change the "CPU Usage Preset" to "fast"
- Change the "Profile" to "high"
- At last, click on "OK" button to apply your changes
If you want to upload a stream in FullHD or UltraHD, please fullfil the "Output" settings the same way than for HD, but with the following parameters :
At last, to ensure the best sound possible, please modify the parameters in the tab "Audio" of the "Output" settings, as followed :
- For live HD, please select "192" in the "Audio Bitrate" of Track 1,
- For live FullHD, please select "256" in the "Audio Bitrate" of Track 1,
- For live UltraHD, please select "320" in the "Audio Bitrate" of Track 1.
And then click on the "OK" button.
Remember, make sure you have at least 2 times more Internet upload bandwidth than your profile bitrate (for exemple, 5Mb/s if you make an 2500kb/s HD upload).
You can use http://www.speedtest.net to make sure it's the case (Upload Speed).
Your Livescale Team
Please sign in to leave a comment.