Livestreaming is a ressource intensive task for any device. It needs to record with the camera, capture the sound with the integrated microphone, display the recorded feed on the screen and send the feed over the internet.
To optimize battery life and avoid your phone shutting down when you least expect it, here are 5 tips:
- Charge your phone to 100%
- There is no better way to ensure your phone lasts than to charge it to 100%. By doing so you ensure that your phone has the maximum battery capacity to deliver your live
- Close all unnecessary apps.
- These days, most phone already freeze the apps opened in the background. However, it doesn't hurt to close them completely.
- Turn off Background App Refresh
- As mentioned in Tip #2, closing unnecessary apps can help boost your battery life. However, some apps are granted what is called "Background App Refresh" which allows them to update periodically in the background. This feature consumes a bit of battery, so it doesn't hurt to turn it off for the duration of your live shopping event.
- Turn down your screen brightness
- Unless you are out in the park on a beautiful sunny afternoon, there is no point to have your brightness set to its peak. Turn the brightness down just before it becomes hard to see the screen. This will ensure that your screen drains the least possible battery.
- Update to the latest software
- In general, newer software often tackle bugs and some of them can be battery draining. It's always a good habit to keep your phone updated to ensure your battery is maximized and to keep your content secure.