Welcome to Livescale – a bold new way to stand out and sell live. We’ll use this document to explain how to get started with Livescale using our No Code Solution.
- Embed is a Live Shopping feature that allows your website’s customers to easily access and interact with the Live Shopping event from your website.
- PiP (Picture in Picture) is an Embed video mode that allows you to browse products on your website while enjoying the Live Shopping experience in a smaller window.
Before getting started, set your brand up for success with an event banner, description, and killer concept.
Step 1: Open Livescale’s Live Shopping Dashboard and create your first event. Add in an event title, description, and any essential information you’d like to share with clients.
Step 2: While creating your event, you’ll have the chance to import a CSV of your desired products into the Livescale control room. The CSV template can be downloaded directly from the event creation experience. Please note that the CSV should contain all relevant information, such as:
- Title (Required)
- Image URL (Required)
- Sale Price
- Redirection URL (Required)
Before CSV upload
After CSV Upload
Step 3: Congratulations - Your event has been successfully created!
Step 4: To begin the embed process (which will ensure your event is accessible on your website), select “control room” in your Livescale console. In the top right corner of the control room, click on the three dots, followed by “Embed.”
Step 5: Follow the prompts in the pop-up that appears. NOTE: This is the most crucial step in ensuring that your event is accessible from all desired web pages on your website. The URL directly below the header code is to be pasted on your website button and will allow users to join your live event at a location of your choice (most typically, this is a website banner or pop up).
Step 6: Ensure you have met the requirements for Picture in Picture (PiP), if desired. If Picture in Picture in not desired for your specific event, ignore the steps below.
Requirement for PiP
- The Live Event must be embedded on the website where the purchase of product is taking place.
- Products in Live Event must redirect to the same domain on which the Live Event is playing (domain = https://yourbrand.ca
- ex. Live Event is playing on https://yourbrand.ca and the Product redirection is on https://yourbrand.ca/product/123
Step 7: Go Live!
- Adding a new provider_type (“empty”)
- Build a shop.json with the new CSV spec
- Empty CSV needs to be accepted (Livestream experience, not shoppable)
PiP Exceptions (picture-in-picture):
- At present, Shopify does not allow a third party to paste code into the <head> of the Checkout page. For this reason, the PiP will disappear when the customer clicks on “continue to checkout.”