Note: This article contains information related to the old Livescale experience, which has been deprecated, and it may no longer be applicable.
You can assign different user roles to your team members depending on the level of responsibility and access that you would like them to have. This allows you to control the internal visibility of your live shopping events, ensuring your team has the most relevant information.
Here are the different roles:
- Admin - The Admin has access to all settings, events, control rooms and analytics.
- Editor - The Editor has access to all scheduled events, control rooms and analytics.
- Moderator - The Moderator has access to all scheduled event control rooms.
- Host - The Host has access to assigned control rooms, with a limited view of analytics (likes and viewers only) and features (chat, polls, product highlighter).
- Analyst - The Analyst has access to all post-event analytics.
How to assign different user roles
To edit a user's permissions in your workspace, log in to the Livescale Console and click on your account name. Select Users Permission, click on the Ellipsis button, and select Edit. On the next page, edit the user's email and/or permissions and click on the Save button when you're done.