StreamYard is a great streaming tool that you can use to connect your video feed to Livescale for streaming of both live content and pre-recorded content.
How to connect StreamYard to Livescale
- After you have created an event, go to your event's Control Room on the Livescale Console.
- In the box on the left-hand side, while selecting your streaming app, choose "Other". A Stream URL and Stream Key will appear on your screen.
- Open StreamYard on your desktop and go to Destinations > Add a destination > Custom RTMP.
- Copy the Stream URL and the Stream Key from the Livescale Console and paste them into the highlighted boxes in StreamYard.
- Then, create your event with StreamYard by going to Broadcasts > Create event > Select your destination and choose the Custom RTMP you just created.
- You will then enter the studio. When you are ready, click on "Go live" at the top-right of your screen.
- Go back to the console and wait for the video to connect. This should only take a few seconds. When you're ready, press "Go live"!
Note: You must "go live" on both StreamYard and Livescale. Going live on StreamYard only sends your video stream to the Livescale Console, but does not make your live shopping event go live.
Pro tip: Use our referral link to get a discount off your first subscription!
Reminder: Be mindful of the aspect ratio for any assets you use. StreamYard currently only streams in 16:9, which means that the video will have the "edges" cut off for streaming in 4:3 on Livescale. More info here.